THE IMPORTANCE OF PROTECTING THE SKIN IN AUTUMN:
You are less likely to burn your skin during the fall and winter months, however, unprotected skin is still exposed to harmful UVA rays. UVA rays penetrate deep into the dermis, the thickest layer of the skin, causing premature aging and contributing to the development of melanoma.
Autumn is also a popular time to go hiking in the mountains or to start the ski season. At higher altitudes, a thinner atmosphere filters less UV radiation. With every 1000 meters of altitude, UV levels increase between 10% and 12% (World Health Organization). This factor, combined with the reflection of the snow, can lead to up to 80% of UV rays that can cause significant sun damage to the skin.
Therefore, during this time of year it is also advisable to wear sunglasses with UV protection and apply and reapply sunscreen to exposed areas every two hours to protect the skin from UV exposure.
TIPS TO COUNTER THE EFFECTS OF AUTUMN ON THE SKIN:
Fall and winter bring with them changes in humidity level and temperature that can cause skin changes. Here are some tips and suggestions to help the skin cope and counteract the effects of cold, wind and heating on the skin.
Skin often becomes dehydrated with changes in the weather, becoming drier the harsher the weather. As a result, the altered pH and impaired skin barrier can create a slimy cycle that leads to more sensitive skin. So how can you combat common winter skin problems?
1. Exfoliate the skin twice a week to reduce dead skin build-up by ensuring it is a gentle exfoliation, especially if the skin is dry.
2. Hydration: Keep skin hydrated with a moisturizer that won't clog pores. To do this, the ideal is to use products without perfume to reduce irritation.
3. Reduce the use of heating in the home to reduce skin dryness.
4. Drinking 2 liters of water a day is an essential way to protect against skin dehydration.
5. Avoid cosmetics that contain alcohol
6. Apply SPF every day, whatever the weather (rain or snow). As long as there is daylight, there are UV rays that can damage skin cells. They can even penetrate through windows, so it is important to ensure skin protection with a minimum SPF 30 factor throughout the year.
An interesting recommendation is to use a sunscreen that has color to guarantee a more beautiful and healthy tone as if the summer tan was prolonged by magic. A perfect product for this is the Natural Sunscreen SPF30 + COLOR from GEODERM.
7. The lips tend to dry out, crack and flake, it is important to moisturize them as well.
8. Hand care: this part of the body produces less oil than the face and they are usually exposed, so they can suffer from dryness. Even more so with all the necessary handwashing today.
Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 + COLOR (Bio and Vegan):
Sunscreen that guarantees 100% natural protection. Combination of natural broad-spectrum SPF 30 physical filters that protect the skin from sunlight, and color that unifies skin tone naturally. In addition to protecting, it also moisturizes and nourishes the skin. Contains titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, raspberry oil and abyssinian oil.
• 100% vegan
• 99.48% ingredients of natural origin
• Paraben-free, silicone-free, phenoxyethanol-free, PEG-free.
• Not tested on animals
How to use: Apply to the desired area before sun exposure. Repeat frequently, especially after bathing.
Precautions for use: Avoid prolonged exposure in times of increased radiation. Do not apply on mucous membranes or open wounds. Avoid direct eye contact. Keep out of the reach of children. Direct sun exposure is a major health hazard. Do not eat.
• Evens out skin tone naturally.
• Moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
• With soothing properties.
• Protects the skin from sunlight thanks to the combination of mineral filters of natural origin.
• Abyssinian oil: It is an oil capable of homogenizing the pigments very well, achieving a more heterogeneous effect. In addition, due to its qualities, it ensures that the final product has good extensibility.
• Raspberry oil: The benefits of raspberry oil in skin care are more numerous than those of most vegetable base oils. On the one hand, like other oils, raspberry oil nourishes the skin and combats dryness and peeling. It is a source of vitamin E, with nutritional, antioxidant and anti-aging properties, which provides flexibility to the skin.
• Vitamin E: It has many properties, but stands out for being known as the vitamin of youth and beauty. It is an antioxidant that protects cells from all external aggression such as pollution, pesticides and stress, the main cause of premature aging. Vitamin E also makes an important contribution to energy production.